How To Apply Eyeshadow to Get a Cat Eye Makeup Effect
Get a Cat Eye Makeup Effect Like the Stars
Most people feel they have some basic flaws with their appearance. The truth is that even the stars are no exception. Beauties like Angelina Jolie and Beyonce Knowles make no secret of their use of various make-up styles to enhance their appearance. Both of these ladies make splendid use of eyeshadow to get a cat eye makeup effect. While eyeshadow is designed to attract attention to a woman’s eyes, it also detracts attention from or covering up minor flaws.
Tips on How to Apply Eyeshadow to Fix Your Flaws
- To maximize the effect of your eyeshadow, you will want to make sure that people are aware that you have it on. Some beauty experts suggest priming your eyes before applying the shadow. The eye lids are a lighter shade than the skin on the rest of the face, due mainly to their lessened exposure to light over the course of a lifetime. A layer of bone shadow over your lids will even up the coloring with the rest of the face. Any color you apply on top of that will tend to stand out.
- Experiment with several different shades before you decide on the right one for you. A bronze colored eye shadow works for most eyes, while other shades will depend on the color of your own eyes. For example, blue eyes will be best complemented with a deeper shade of blue (this will make your own eye color pop out and look extra blue). Lighter shades and contrasts work great for brown eyes, while green eyes are bedazzling with the similar shades that are slightly deeper.
- Don’t be afraid to try a funky look with your eyeshadow. Silvery, sparkly colors can look great and will have an undeniably exotic appeal. Try to match your scheme with your eye color or outfit, and make sure you get some good feedback before trying it out in public!
Techniques to Correct Minor Flaws in the Appearance of Your Eyes
- If you think your eyes are too far apart, you can make them appear closer together by emphasizing the inner corner of your eye. Put more shadow on this area and blend it outwards towards the rest of the eye.
- Eyes that are too close together can gain the impression of distance by darkening the outer edges of your eye and keeping the inner corners light. Again, make sure to blend the colors so that the emphasis is not apparent.
- If you want your eyes to look bigger, use a lighter color of eye shadow.
Eyeshadow is a great way to change your appearance with a multi-use product that does not cost too much and whose application can be mastered by most individuals. Keep your eyes noticeable, and you will be noticed when you master applying cat eye makeup.
Here are 25 of the latest cat eye makeup ideas you can copy for beautiful eyes. You can make your eyes more attractive and look more beautiful by using these stylish makeup ideas. Learn how to apply smokey eye makeup by clicking here.